Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

Two Hats in One

I have finally finished my fiance's hat! With working on Misha*Puff's stuff I haven't had a lot of time to work on his hat, but I found a way to get it done. :)


© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

With it being as cold as it is in Canada, he wanted it to have two layers. I did a provisional cast on(the light blue yarn) and knit the outer layer. 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

After completing the outer layer I picked up my live stitches on the provisional cast on and knitted the hat in the opposite direction in stockinette stitch instead of the ribbing. I also knitted the inside layer a about a 1/2"-1" more than the outer layer before starting my decreases. This gave the inside layer room to not be stretched out when attached to the outer layer. 
To connect the two layers I simply weaved in the two layers together at the very top of the hat. It is invisible. I really enjoyed experimenting with making this hat not only super warm, but also making it reversible! 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard







1 comment:

  1. What a brilliant idea! I have always wondered what a good technique for knitting a reversible hat would be. I can't wait to give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete