Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Hat for Ava

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

One of my close friends asked if I would make her daughter a hat for this winter. At first I was thinking it might take me awhile...wrong, this hat only took me a few evenings to make! I am already finished with another hat for another lovely little lady. :) 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

You can find the pattern for this hat on ravelry: The Hudson Hat by Heidi May
I used a slightly smaller gauge than what the pattern called for. The hat is knitted up in children's size. 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

When I went button hunting I originally wanted to choose a contrasting color button against the yarn but couldn't find any good ones. I did find these pinky-brown ones that almost camouflage into the hat. I am not much of a matchy person, but I actually don't mind how well the buttons go with this hat. :) I hope Ava likes it! 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard





No comments:

Post a Comment