Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

On the Needles

I always love a knitting challenge. I have my projects in the works that I knit when I want to watch Tv and do brainless knitting, then I have a project that I have to have on the needles that is fun and challenging. I just finished knitting up a surprise for my future sister-in-law. She crochets, and I knit, so we thought it would be fun to do an exchange! I can't wait to see what she has made for me! :D I will share both once she has received it in the mail, and I have gotten mine. I don't want to spoil the surprise! With her surprise being finished, I found myself immediately wanting to cast on another entertaining project, so last night with the left over yarn(Madelinetosh DK weight-Rosewood) from Christen's surprise knit, I cast on a cable, lace knit cozy for my i-pod. 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

This is only the beginning of my love affair with knitting cables! I am obsessed! Why did I not try it sooner???

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard 

I am knitting it on the magic loop, which is faaaantastic. I really like this method and am for sure going to use it for many future projects, as well as my hexi-puffs. :) 
You can find this i-pod cozy free pattern here

What is the challenging project on your needles?






No comments:

Post a Comment