Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Bitter Sweet Strokes

Today I am back to posting some of my art . :) This is one of my favorite pieces I did for Nightingale Arts.

watercolor and colored pencils on cold-pressed watercolor paper
© 2011 Heidi Chouinard

This piece was the last piece I painted before the store opened. It was sad to end the wonderful summer of creating side-by-side with my amazing sister! However, we were both looking forward to finally opening the store: Nightingale Arts!

This painting brings back a lot of memories. During the summer of 2011 my sister and I spent every day of the week in the Nightingale studio, doing our best to create unique works of art. I have to say, it is a time I will cherish forever. Many days my sister and I had so much fun blasting David Bowie while painting together. Also, having her around was fantastic for getting inspiration and constructive feedback on everything we made. Of course, there were many frustrations and challenges as well. Being creative and having to produce sellable pieces on a daily basis was at times stressful, and I didn’t always wake up feeling creative.

Now that the store has opened we still work on art behind the counter, but it sure is not the same as being in that creative work zone with no distractions. I will always miss that summer, and I am so thankful that I was given that opportunity (once again was all made possible by Marie Barron; owner of Nightingale Arts).

No comments:

Post a Comment