Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Bee Keepers Quilt

Ok, I am apologizing ahead of time for the lack in my posting in the next couple of weeks. I will still be posting, just not as frequent. I am picking up my fiance at the airport! He lives in Canada, so we visit each other every couple-few months. This visit we have lots of wedding planning to do! I will expand more at a later time. :)


This morning I am going to share with you a knitting project that I have in the works. It is called The Bee Keepers Quilt, by Stephanie Dosen at Tiny Owl Knits.

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

In this Photo is some of the honeycombs I have made. I have other colors that I am going to be incorporating , and I don't think I am going to use the puff that is in the middle to the far right. I have been very picky about what colors to put in the quilt. :P 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

This project constantly inspires me! I already decided that I am going to be what I call 'hexi-puffing' my whole life, making smaller quilts for my children. Oh, the possibilities for these honey combs! I call it hexi-puffing because they are perfect little hexagons with the perfect amount of puffiness to them, plus it's just fun to say. 

© 2012 Heidi Chouinard

I have been working on it now for about 5 months, and figure I have about a year and a half left. I need to make about 750 of these little guys! In my basket I have 29 of them finished, 721 left to go! These honey combs are great on- the go projects, and when you finish one and throw it into the basket, there is a great feeling of accomplishment, (for me anyways).  I am going to wait until I have at least 100 until I begin experimenting with how I want them placed. I can't wait to be able to connect all of them together! It is going to be the most coziest quilt, that will be perfect for wrapping up in while knitting and having a cup of tea. :) 

What exciting project do you have on your needles?
Hope you have a great day! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment